Sunday, May 8, 2016

Blue Apron

One of my anniversary gifts this year was a subscription to Blue Apron.  I had mentioned it once to my husband and he made a mental note (he’s good at that) and got me a subscription.

Basically, it’s a box of food sent to your house once a week.  Inside are ingredients for 3 meals for 2 people.  There are different meal plans to accommodate families, but this is the plan that suits us.



Also included are detailed recipe cards.  So you still have to do all of the prep work, chopping, mincing, frying, and COOKING of the food.  





But everything is all right there for you and spelled out on the recipe cards and the recipes are DELICIOUS.  And it’s stuff I would NEVER make on my own.  The food is fresh, organic, grass fed beef, etc.  All that good stuff.  Plus, it’s in the right proportions…no waste!

The portion sizes are good.  I’ve yet to be able to finish a meal.  So I plan to make these meals stretch and lately I’ve been immediately dividing my plate in half and saving the rest for lunch the next day.





We have been super pleased with Blue Apron so far.  It's always exciting to get a new box of goodies each week and it is WONDERFUL not to have to meal plan anymore!

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...