Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Prime

My love for Amazon Prime continues to grow.

I believe Prime membership is $100 per year?  You get Prime video with it as well.  AND FREE SHIPPING ON ALL THE THINGS.  And, as you’re about to see, the membership fee pays for itself. 

Our latest order included:

3-pack Fleece Lined Thick Brushed Leggings (for me…Iceland!)
Speck CandyShell Grip case for iPhone 6 Plus (we’re playing musical phones again in our house)
Ka-Bar Tactical Military Sporks – Spoon Fork Knife Combo Set (husband added these to our cart)
Mpow Floating Waterproof Case Underwater Type Dry Bag for iPhone 6 Plus (Blue Lagoon!  Waterfalls!)

So, nothing too crazy.  But then I looked over our orders over the last year, and the list is just SO RANDOM and funny:

Minimalist Genuine Leather Slim Wallet
Batteries
Rechargeable Battery Charger
Bottle Silicone Sleeve (for my husband’s Yeti bottle)
Durable orthotic shoe inserts
Two shower hoses (one for our master bath, one for Amy’s bathroom…they were both leaky)
Check paper (to print checks at home if need be since we don’t have checkbooks)
Vitamins
Hikpro durable lightweight backpack water resistant (Iceland!)
Apple watch band
Antique Map Puzzle
Two Chicago Blackhawks t-shirts
DVD – Only the Brave
Donut hemorrhoid pillow (ha ha…this was recommended after my surgery….I didn’t use it once!!)
Post-op hysterectomy underwear (I’m not kidding)
Cork plant mat surface protectors (to set plants on so that they don’t ruin your table, etc.)
Permanent fabric pen (my husband has been putting a ‘W’ on the tag of his workout t-shirts so I know what’s what and what drawer to put them in)
Book – We Were the Lucky Ones
Sheets
Comforter
King size bed & bed frame
Swiss Army Pocket Knife
7-inch aluminum round cake pan (for my Instant Pot)
Black & Decker shoulder bag (for the leaf blower of course, because ours busted)
Fidget Spinner (for my husband….it helps w/ ADD)
Stretch Strap for physical therapy
Treadmill Maintenance Kit
Compostable Biodegradable Food Scraps Kitchen Trash Bags (for our ever growing compost dirt pile)
Echo Dot
Outdoor string lights
USB plug in fan for my mother-in-law’s tv that was shutting itself off for overheating
Gorilla cart for the garden
Meat thermometer
Garden torch (this thing scares me to death but it WORKS)
Smoke alarms
Ron Swanson POP figurine
10 pack of needles & tips for fountain pens
Melatonin
Oil Diffuser
Water resistant dog shoes
DVD – Call the Midwife Season 6
Green Mountain Coffee K-Cups
Powdered Peanut Butter
Blender bottles
‘Service Dog Inside’ door hanger (for husband’s office)

What a variety!

Amazon literally has EVERYTHING.  And you cannot beat the prices.  That’s the whole reason I thought of doing an Amazon post.  The other day I went to Target to buy a phone case.  I am partial to ‘Speck’ cases….they are much less bulky than Otterbox cases, but provide fantastic protection.  Anyways, the one at Target that I wanted was $45 (typical price for Speck and Otterbox….yikes).  I pulled up my Amazon app and found the EXACT SAME ONE for $13.  Yesssssss.



Same with the leggings.  The least expensive ones I found at Target were $10 per pair (and they weren’t fleece lined).  I got a 3-pack on Amazon for $22.

There are a few exceptions though….like books.  I DO occasionally buy books on Amazon.  But I haven’t had great experiences.  I am VERY picky about the condition of brand new books.  Even at Barnes and Noble, I won’t take the first one on display, I’ll dig around and find the perfect one (no bends or cracks in the spine, no tears in the book jacket, etc.).  The last couple of books I’ve bought from Amazon (both paperbacks) have had bends in the cover.  I am just not okay with that!  When I’m buying a brand new book, I want it to be in pristine condition.

I also usually only buy DVDs in-store.  The only reason I go to Amazon is if the store doesn’t have the version I want.  The price is the same on new releases.

And if there’s something that I see at Target that I want right away, I’ll check Amazon….Target will price match!  You just have to take your item to customer service.

I hope Amazon Prime sticks around forever!

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...