Wednesday, June 3, 2020

May Reads (5)




One star:             did not like it at all

Two stars:           eh, it was okay

Three stars:        liked it

Four stars:          really, really liked it

Five stars:            absolutely loved it

 

1-Star (0)

2-Star (1)

**A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder (Fiction, H. Jackson)

This YA book was about 150 pages too long.  I usually like YA, but this one fell short.  I was bored.

3-Star (0)

4-Star (4)

****In a Dark, Dark Wood (Fiction, R. Ware)

This was a great mystery (although dark) that didn’t require a lot of brain power.

 

****To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before (Fiction, J. Han)

Another YA, although this one came through.  It’s lighthearted, dramatic, centered on family and gives you all the feels!

 

****Joy At Work (Non-Fiction, M. Kondo)

Another book from the tidying expert, Marie Kondo.  Nothing majorly earth shattering here, except it did inspire me to clean out a lot of my digital clutter.

 

****The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes (Fiction, S. Collins)

4.5 stars…..this is a prequel to the Hunger Games series.  It is the story of Coriolanus Snow and the beginning of his rise to the top as President of Panem.  For me to give 4-stars to a book where the main character is so unlikable is pretty much unheard of.  But this book is so much more than story of Coriolanus Snow and his rise to the top.  It really gets into the history of the Hunger Games, when there was just one arena every year and before there was gambling and sponsors involved.  I found it all fascinating.  It is a bit long though (500+ pages) and it was a little slow in the middle.  It's also very dark, but no more than the other books are.  Definitely a great prequel!

 

5-Star (0)

 

Total Books Read: 5 (4 Fiction, 1 Non-Fiction)

 

DNF (0)


20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...