Sunday, November 29, 2015

Black Friday

And the annual black Friday tradition continues!  This year was a blast as usual. My friend and I headed out right after our meeting around 9:15.  Our first stop was Target.

I had a list:

Blankets
Sheets
Sweaters
DVDs
Fitbit Charge HR
Slippers

I got EVERYTHING on my list!

Here's what I got at Target--

Three fuzzy blankets.  We use these in place of comforters on our bed.  Normally they are $35 - $40 each.  On Black Friday they were $17 each.  I got one king size and two queens.


Towels.  These were not on my list, but I couldn't pass them up at $2 a pop:


Fitbit Charge HR.  The band on my old Fitbit Charge was broken so I haven't been able to wear it for a while. I decided it was time for an upgrade AND it was a doorbuster so I got a great deal.


A mini popcorn maker.  This also wasn't on my list.  But it was only $10.  And I love popcorn, but not the chemicals in the microwave popcorn.  So I thought I'd give this one a try.


And some DVDs.  Target always has tons of DVDs on sale on Black Friday.


After Target, we went to Kohl's.  Kohl's was new for us this year!  My friend had some Kohl's cash she wanted to use.  But I ended up getting a couple things too.  These Deerfoam slippers are normally $30, but they were on sale for $10.


I also got two sweaters (the blue one and purplish one in the pic) for $10 each (normally $25) and some fuzzy socks:


And then we went to Walmart.  I only got sheets at Walmart, but they were on my list!


850 thread count sheets for $25!!!  What a deal!

And then we drove through Del Taco to recharge with caffeine and burritos.  Because....it's tradition!!

And lastly, we stopped at Old Navy.  The entire store was 50% off!

I got another sweater (the one on the bottom of the pile in the pic above), a scarf, some earrings and some hair ties.



I also got my mother-in-law some slippers (Kohl's), gloves and a scarf and a pair of earrings (Old Navy), some fuzzy socks (Kohl's) and a set of sheets (Walmart).  I always get her a set of sheets each year, but the other stuff was a surprise.  She was so happy!

And I got my husband a video game, some Xbox live and PS4 cards, some pajama pants (Kohl's), and a scarf and a sweater (Old Navy).

It was another successful year!  I did go $93 over budget though, oops.  We had budgeted for Black Friday for a while (using YNAB of course!), but I did go over a bit.  Oh well.  It happens!

I say this every year, but for my friend and I, Black Friday isn't about the 'stuff'. Sure, it's great to get a good deal, but we go because it's the one time a year that we get to hang out just the two of us.  We spend more time in the car talking then we do in the stores!  It's just so much fun.  The deals we get on stuff is just a nice bonus.  :)  

Time to start saving for the next Black Friday!  :)

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...