Monday, September 5, 2016

Farewell Hastings

Hastings is a store that sells new and used books, movies, music, comic books, figurines, and a whole array of other (sometimes odd) things.

It was my 'go-to' store for books and movies and tv on dvd.

They've gone bankrupt, so they are closing all of their stores nation-wide.  It's so sad!  Their prices were great, especially when they were having sales. Most of our tv series on dvd came from Hastings.  We don't buy nearly as many movies as we used to (new from Target or Walmart), because we would always wait a month or so and get a used copy at Hastings for less than 1/2 the price.

One day last year they were having a sale on all of their used books:  Buy one at regular price (usually between $3 - $10) and get 2 more for $1 each.  My husband and I spent the day driving all over town browsing.  It was SO MUCH FUN!  Just searching through all of the used books and getting so excited when we would find one on our list was a blast.

We don't have any other 'chain' used books/movie stores here that I know of.  I'm hoping we might get a Half Priced Books now or something.

Today, since it was a day off, I made one final trip to Hastings.  I only went to one, the one we usually go to:


I browsed through the movies first, then the books.  Then the movies.  Then the books.  I took my time and walked through each aisle.  I known it sounds silly, but I was a little sentimental about it!

Today, I bought 5 books and 2 movies for about $30.


I am going to really miss this place.  Thank you Hastings for the years of entertainment!

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...