Saturday, February 2, 2019

2019 Reading Goals

Image result for reading goals

I don’t have lots of reading goals for 2019.  I read a LOT last year.  This year, I pretty much have one goal:

1.       Slow down.  I sometimes feel overwhelmed when I look at my book stacks or my TBR list.  So I tend to ‘rush read’ through books just to get through them and get them ‘over’ with.  And that is NOT what reading is about!  I want to really enjoy the process more.
2.       Stop buying so many books.  To say that I’m on a book ban or that I won’t buy any books, or even any NEW books is just…well it’s not going to happen.  However, I want to cut WAY back.  Even at the bookshop and book sales.
3.       Be more intentional about the books I buy NEW.  It’s easy to throw a used book into a paper grocery bag if you know that entire bag of books is going to cost you $5.  But when it comes to new books….I want to be WAY more intentional about the ones that I buy.  New books are expensive!
4.       Go through my bookshelves regularly.  I have pared down my KEEPER shelf a LOT.  I sold some books.  Even 4-star ones.  If I don’t think I’m going to ever re-read it and if it doesn’t bring me JOY (ha ha), then I let it go.
5.       Read at least 100 books.  I set my goal on Goodreads at 100 books for 2019.  Last year I read 150+.  I think I’ll easily hit 100 books even if I slow it down.

That’s it!

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...