Saturday, February 2, 2019

January Reads (4)

Image result for house at tyneford

One star = did not like it at all
Two stars = eh, it was okay
Three stars =  liked it
Four stars = really, really liked it
Five stars = absolutely loved it

3-Star (2)
***Salt to the Sea (Fiction, R. Septeys)
Two stars for the education about the most tragic maritime disaster that NO ONE seems to know about (me included).  One star for everything else.  Ugh.

***Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet (Fiction, )
I just could not get into this book.  Part of me thinks I should give it another try, but I already know it’s not going to be a 5-star read.  So why bother ha ha.

4-Star (2)
****The House at Tyneford (Fiction, N. Solomons)
This was just the right book at just the right time for me.  Not lots of depth, yet not fluffy either.  It had a hint of Downton Abby, with a bit of a twist: a Jewish girl from a prominent family in Austria must escape before it becomes occupied by Germany, and becomes a maid for a prominent family in England.

****The Brutal Telling (Fiction, L. Penny)
#5 in the series.  There seemed to be a lot of characters in this one (more than usual), but I still enjoyed it.  Louise Penny is such a great story teller!

Total Books Read: 4 (4 fiction)

DNF (Did Not Finish) : 1
Little Bee (Fiction, C. Cleave) – couldn’t get into it…and this was my 2nd try

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...