Tuesday, December 17, 2019

My Brother

This just shows how incredibly behind I am about blogging about the 'big' stuff.

My brother came to visit in October!  Just him, no kids.  We wanted him to have a little getaway where he could relax, catch up on some sleep, and spend some time in the great outdoors.

The weather was pretty nice.  We did some hiking!  Our first hike was Sandia Man Cave.  It was an easy hike leading to an actual cave (we didn't go in).  But the hike was really pretty:



The next day we drove about an hour and a half north and hiked to Jemez Springs.  It was chilly and even snowed.  But it was a short hike and totally worth it.



The next day was our hardest hike.  It was just my brother and I.  We hiked 6 miles at 10,000 feet.  I had to stop a few times to catch my breath.  It was so pretty though, especially at the crest.




Our final day we spent at home.  We ate burritos, watched football and movies and just relaxed.  It was so nice to spend some one-on-one time with him.  It was a great few days and I hope we can make it a yearly tradition!




20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...