Tuesday, December 17, 2019

California


Ah California.  We had a great time, although it was exhausting.  I ADORE California.  But you could not pay me enough money in the world to live there.  😊  There were sooooo many times when we just said ‘how do people live like this?!?’ (traffic, crowds, cost of living, gas prices, etc.).

I flew into San Francisco on Wednesday night.  Hubs came and got me at the airport and I met Xylo for the first time.  We made our way back to Santa Rosa, and got in around midnight.

On Thursday, I dropped hubs and Xylo off at the training center, and then I worked.  I hired an assistant!!  Woo hoo!!!  So Thursday morning was nothing but back and forth between HR and my new employee. 

And then I went shopping.  California always has GREAT shopping.  There was an outlet mall not far from the training center.  They had a gigantic Coach Outlet (which I skipped because we have one of those here), a Kate Spade outlet (which I went into but was underwhelmed), and a Michael Kors outlet.  Where I made 2 purchases (another blog for another time).

I met Josh, Xylo, and 2 of his trainers for lunch.  Then I picked up Josh and Xylo when they were done, and we headed south to San Francisco because WE GOT TICKETS TO SEE HAMILTON.  And again…another blog for another time.  It deserves its own blog post.

On the way to San Francisco, there was a ginormous traffic jam (of course).  Our GPS had us take a detour, so we listened to her.  And I’m SO GLAD we did, because she directed us through Sausalito.  What a charming place!  We didn’t have loads of extra time, but we stopped, parked, and took Xylo down to the little beach area for a while.  It was beautiful!






And then we went to Hamilton!!!!! (more to come)

It was another late night.

On Friday, I dropped off hubs and Xylo again, then I drove to the coast (Muir Beach specifically).  I didn’t go down to the beach, I drove up in the cliffs which was terrifying actually.  It was extremely foggy and I was soooo high up.  And no guard rails!!  Yikes.  It kind of freaked me out.  I wasn’t worried about my driving, I was worried about other peoples driving.  On the way back I opted to take the more inland route.  It was a bit further, but I had the time.



I’m glad I went because the coast was beautiful.  And terrifying ha ha.

I picked up hubs and Xylo and we went out for a drink.  And then it was time to party!

We attended the graduation for Xylo and another dog.  It was so nice.  They had it catered and had an open bar.  The instructors had a speech for each dog/client, and also a slide show of pictures throughout the 2 weeks.  I got a little teary.  It was wonderful to see how much love and time and energy is put into these amazing dogs.

We got home around 8:30 or so and started packing up and even loaded up the car for our first leg of our trip home.

It was fun.  San Francisco (and the Bay area) is now my 2nd favorite place in California (San Diego will always be #1).  But San Francisco is beautiful, as is the surrounding areas (wine country).

Until next time California!

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...