Thursday, July 10, 2014

July



I think the month of July may go down as the busiest month we’ve ever had.

Here’s a rundown: 
July 3 – 6 – Regional Convention, Tucson, AZ 
July 9 – Josh French Bible Highlights 
July 11 – meet Monica for dinner to practice Josh’s public talk/translations for Saturday 
July 12 – Josh’s English public talk (with French translation), followed by hospitality
July 15 – 20 – French Circuit Overseer visit 
July 16 – take a meal to an elderly brother in our hall whose wife is in the hospital
July 18 – dinner plans with a friend 
July 19 – French meeting (C.O. visit) 
July 20 – hosting a congregation gathering at our clubhouse for 75 – 100 people 
July 23 – Angie French talk, Josh French Draw Close book 
July 26 – French meeting 

We have three Saturday French meetings in a row this month because of the circuit overseer visit. Which also means that we will have three free Sundays, which will help. Except one of them won’t be ‘free’ because that’s when we will host our congregation gathering.


I also didn't include our family worship evenings each Tuesday night when my mother-in-law comes over.


Oh and I'm in charge of decorations for the gathering.  I have no clue what I'm doing yet.  And I think I'm going to order a cake too.  Hmm....


And I need to start working on my French talk NOW.


I keep telling myself that it will go fast and August will be here soon.  But in August we have more of the same....plus one wedding to attend...plus one graduation party to attend (and we're going to both).  Oh.  And we're pioneering. 

 Nuts!!!  But....it's a good 'nuts'.  Anytime things are crazy because of spiritual things, it's just really not that bad.  :)

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...