Friday, October 24, 2014

Paid

2 years ago, we were in the market for a new car for me.  I wanted a small SUV, or 'crossover' vehicle.  The drivers here in Albuquerque are terrible, and I wanted to feel safer in a 'higher up' car.  So my husband did a LOT of research, and discovered that the Honda CRV had the best overall rating on Consumer Reports for features, safety, MPH, etc.

So we got one.


I pretty much declared it my 'forever' car immediately.  It was love at first sight.   It is comfortable, pretty, and safe.  The back seats fold down at the touch of a button creating plenty of space for our dogs.  It has traveled to Colorado and Arizona and all around New Mexico.  It gets me to work each and every day.  It's large enough that I feel safe, yet small enough that I don't feel like Im driving a bus.  

It only has 26,000 miles on it.  I plan on driving this car until it dies.

Especially because today at approximately 5:30 p.m., we paid it off.  3 years early.  Yep.  It's ours!

I don't think it will really hit me until next month when I don't have to log on to Honda Financial Services to make a payment.  

It's such a good feeling!  

I think to celebrate, I'll take my Lola (yes, I named her) for a nice car wash tomorrow.  :)

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...