Monday, December 28, 2015

Cord Control

You've seen charging stations before, right?  You know, the cute little boxes that charge your phones, tablets, etc. and keep cords neatly corralled and out of sight?  They are adorable and a great idea in theory, but they just never worked for me.  I had one of those cute little boxes once and it was fine for my phone but it didn't work for my tablet and I ended up always yanking the cords through that tiny hole and then I would get frustrated every night while trying to plug my stuff in and I just got mad and gave it to Goodwill.

I don't have a lot of patience.

So for the past few months, I've been living with this mess next to my side of the bed:


How awful is that?!?

There had to be a better way.  I looked on Pinterest and all that came up was box like charging stations and I knew that just wasn't going to work for me.  I wanted to have easy access of all of the cords.

So I came up with something else involving Command Strips (of course....I LOVE Command Strips!).


I just used the standard velcro strips for this project.  I attached two of them to the side of my power strip:


Then I stuck my power strip to the backside of my night table (about 6 inches from the top):


Then I plugged my lamp in, and also my iPad charger and my phone charger and wove the cords through the little black cord file that I got at Target years ago.


And....that's it!  Done!  My cords are now tucked away behind the night table and they should stay that way since the power strip is off the floor (no sliding around).  And I have full access to my cords.  No more frustration!

Much better:


20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...