Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015 Year in Review

By far, hands down, no contest – this was our busiest year ever.  But also our best one to date!

January 
We kicked off the year in Nebraska at my oldest nephews wedding.  It was so nice to spend that special day with them and to watch them get married.  We also spent some nice quality time with family!  We brought Hannah along with us and she did great.




February
We got Abby in February.  It was a quick decision on our part, and while I don’t ever recommend making quick decisions ESPECIALLY when animals are involved, I do have to say that this one worked out great.  Abby is the most lovable, attentive, playful little dog that I’ve ever met.  We love her to pieces.



March
We held a garage sale in March at my mother-in-law’s house.  Not our biggest one yet, but it was still successful!

We also lost our old, sweet kitty Masami.  She was 19.

April
April marked our 5-year anniversary!  We had a great anniversary and a nice dinner at The Melting Pot. 

We also had our Circuit Assembly plus our Memorial.

May
May was filled with last minute plans for our trip, including a shopping trip to Santa Fe.

June
June was a blur, but a great blur!  We left for England, Belgium and France











July
We kicked off July still in Europe (Belgium) and attended the Special Convention there.  It was amazing!












When we got back we learned that we got a new host congregation for our French group.

August
August was a little calmer than the previous months, thank goodness!  Watson began his service dog training.  We also started losing weight!!

September 
Our annual Fantasy Football draft was held in September.  I decided not to play this year, but I helped out at the draft.

I also spent some time getting my house in order!

And….I had dental surgery which was no fun.  I’m glad it’s over!

And……husband started a new job.  He spent a week in Denver for training and we got him all moved into his office downtown.

October
October was great.  My mom and dad visited and we went to Balloon Fiesta.  The weather was PERFECT!  We had fun just spending time together, going to flea markets, and eating of course. 




We had our English Circuit Assembly.

At the end of October my mother-in-law and I took a trip to Los Angeles.  We played tourists for the first two days, and then attended the French Circuit Assembly.





November – My newest nephew Connor was born.  Hubby and I also went to San Diego again (including Disneyland and a football game!).  I also had another dental procedure done.  Ugh.  I am so over the dentist!





December – December was probably our calmest month out of the entire year.  It was nice! 

Here's a little summary:

New pets:  1 (Abby)
New family members: 2 (nephew - Connor & niece-in-law - Emily)
Travels:
Nebraska (Lincoln, Omaha)
Iowa (Council Bluffs)
California (Mira Loma, Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, Hollywood, San Diego, Pacific Beach, Del Mar, Coronado & Anaheim)
England (London)
France (Paris, Cormeilles, Versailles)
Belgium (Ghent, Brussels, Bruges, Flobecq, Loppem)

2016 should be a bit calmer as far as travel.  I plan to take a trip to Nebraska to visit my family and meet my newest nephew.  And we might go to South America to visit friends that moved there a couple of years ago.  But that’s it (so far, ha ha).

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...