Sunday, October 21, 2018

Current Reads



(my most recently completed puzzle hanging in the library)

I have LOTS of new books that I am really excited about.  In fact, I don't remember ever being this excited about my TBR stack(s) before.

Here are the four books I'm currently reading:


Scarlet:  This is the 2nd book in the Lunar Chronicles Series by Marissa Meyer.  Cinder was the first book, this is the 2nd.  So far, so good.  These are easy books to read and I like to squeeze in a couple of chapters between 'heavier' books.

And the covers!  (Cress and Winter are the 3rd and 4th books in the series...they are up next)


Bridge of Clay:  This is the 2nd book by Markus Zusak. His first book, The Book Thief, was amazing.  I'm only 36 pages into this one, but it's REALLY good so far.

In Pieces:  This is Sally Field's autobiography. I checked it out from the library.  I'm not that far into it, but I like it so far.

Unsheltered:  Barbara Kingsolver's latest.  I.....don't know what to think about this one yet.  That's all I'll say.  I'm somewhat disappointed so far, but I'm going to wait until I'm finished to form my full opinion.

More fiction reads.  The Bean Trees, will be a re-read for me.  It was the book that made me fall in love with Barbara Kingsolver in the first place.


And my next non-fiction reads:


So I'm currently reading 4 'real' books.  I'm listening to two on audio.  This one is from Hoopla:


And this one is from Libby.  I actually own the 'real' copy of this book, but I like listening to audiobooks.


And I have a few more audiobooks on hold:



The first two books I don't own, the second two I own, but would like to listen to on audiobook.

AND....these two bookshelves are full of books to be read also. 



SO. MANY. BOOKS. SO. LITTLE. TIME.  Yikes.

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...