Sunday, October 21, 2018

Planner

I've tried bullet journaling.  Multiple times.  I LOVE the idea of it.  I love the freeness and flexibility of it.

But...it stresses me out.

I don't like things unfinished.  And with bullet journaling, it's never really 'done'.  So I found myself NEEDING to set up the whole thing at once.  If I have an appointment in December, and I don't have my December spread done, where do I put it?  Now, I know there are easy solutions and fixes for this.  But it still felt very unfinished to me.  And it was just always in the back of my head that I needed to get it done.

And then I would rush through it and not end up liking the spreads because they were messy (because of the rushing) and I just hated the whole thing.

I have issues.

So I got a 'regular' planner at Barnes & Noble.  



The one on the left is my main planner.

I love it so far.

There's monthly and weekly spreads AND habit trackers for each month (which I love):




There's a pocket in the front which holds bills, prescriptions to drop off, my Weight Watchers book, etc:


The book in the middle is for our finances.  I track what we owe, what's coming up, savings goals, etc.

And the little one on the right is for my books.  To be read, already read, wanted, etc.


And apparently I look books with elastic band closures.  :)

These books pretty much come everywhere with me.  They all fit in my purse.  So does this pouch (that my sister got me in Ireland!):



The pouch holds my pens.  I am fussy about my pens too (shocking).  






20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...