Saturday, August 17, 2019

On Health

I'm back on the WW bandwagon.

Again.  Ha ha.  I have stopped and started so many times.  But for some reason it feels different this time.  AND I've said that before too.

But I think what is making it a bit different this time is that I'm pairing WW with intermittent fasting.  So basically, I only eat between 8:30 - 4:30 every day and then fast for the 16 hours after that.

So because I don't eat after 4:30, lunch is my (our) 'big' meal of the day.  When I get our box from Home Chef, I make it all up and we have those meals for lunch.

I thought the fasting would be super difficult, but it hasn't been.  The first couple of days I was pretty hungry after 4:30 but I just drank a bunch of water and that helped.  I've been drinking a gallon of water each day.  I feel way less bloated and just feel better all around.  

Here's what a typical day of eating looks like for me:

8:30: scrambled eggs, beans, cheese, red chile (all in one bowl)  I get this at work in the cafeteria.  Only in New Mexico do they have beans and red chile on the cafeteria hotline every morning for breakfast ha ha.  It's delicious and SUPER filling. 

1:00:  a Home Chef meal, which is usually chicken and vegetables or pork and vegetables (usually with cheese or some kind of other delicious sauce).  If I don't have a Home Chef meal, my lunch usually consists of a chicken salad cup (from Costco), 2 hard boiled eggs, a yogurt and a piece of fruit and/or a string cheese.



4:00:  Premier Protein shake with 2 tspb of powdered peanut butter.  I LOVE this shake.  It's loaded with protein and usually keeps me satisfied until bedtime.  The Premier Protein can be found at Costco and the PB2 can be found at Target or Amazon (cheaper on Amazon).  If I have points left around 4:00 then I may have another yogurt or something if I'm still hungry.  I usually have points left.



I don't snack in between meals.  I think the gallon of water per day is why.  I'm either constantly drinking water or I'm in the bathroom ha ha.

It's working.  I've lost 10 pounds since August 2nd.  


My plan is to log my progress here once a week to keep myself accountable.  I may post meal plans/favorite WW point friendly foods/etc. also.  I got this!

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...