Friday, January 15, 2021

2020 Reading Review



2020 was obviously a difficult year.  I was in a HUGE reading slump at the beginning of the year, but then pulled out of it.

I track *most* of my reads on Goodreads.  On Goodreads, I reported 111 books read.  In my personal tracker, I recorded 120 books. 

Why don't I track ALL of my books on Goodreads?  In short, because I don't want to offend anyone or be judged by some of my reads.  Are they bad?  No.  But they might not be everyone's cup of tea and I just find it easier to keep them to myself.  Now...I'm talking mostly fantasy/sci-fi/romance here.  And nothing horrific.  If you're okay with Star Wars and Marvel movies, then you SHOULD be okay with these books.  But not everyone is.  And that's okay.  That's why I just keep some of them to myself.

Anyways, I tried to pick out my favorite of 2020, but I couldn't.  I had nine 5-star reads in 2020, and I could only narrow it down to 3.  I tried, I really tried to just pick one.  But I couldn't.  So, my three favorites:

Hamnet (Maggie O'Farrell)
Anxious People (Fredrik Backman)
Fable (Adrienne Young)

All were AMAZING.  And I would recommend them to anyone (and already have).

This year I set another reading goal on Goodreads for 100 books.  I've read 3 so far.  I continue to listen to at least half (if not more) on audio.  While playing Animal Crossing ha ha. 

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...