Saturday, May 4, 2013

Nebraska

I love my family. 

I know this is a very ‘blanket’ statement and most people can say this about their families, but I truly believe I have one of the best families out there.  I feel very blessed, and sometimes wonder how I got so lucky to get them.

Last month, I went for a short (but very fun) visit.

I arrived late Friday night (actually early Saturday morning).  Mom and Dad were there to greet me at the airport.  I crashed in the guest bedroom and slept solid until 8:00 the next morning.  Then, the three of us went to breakfast.  And then to visit Grandma.  And then back to their house to wait for my nephews to arrive.

Oh, how I love these two.  They are so stinkin funny!

Here they are, the younger proving to me that he could carry the weight of the older one on his back.


I call the photo above 'The Two-Headed Monster'.

They crack me up.

We went to the Husker store and a few other places.  It was nice to be with them.



Saturday night was our family dinner. 

This one greeted me with a fantastic hug.



And this one is WALKING!!!



And he makes car noises as he pushes his cars and trucks (which were my brothers when he was little).  It is the cutest thing.




AND…he is going to be a big brother.  We found out that night that Baby #3 is expected to arrive in December!!!! 

I am excited.  My brother and sister-in-law make adorable GOOD kids.  Seriously….these kids are sweet and polite and can do no wrong in my eyes.  J



I mean seriously, look at how cute he is:



Sunday morning, we headed to the Omaha zoo.

On the way, watching 'Lady and the Tramp':




The weather was a little iffy, but the rain held off thank goodness.


We rode the 'Skyfari'.  This is my brother, my nephew and my niece:


Me and my Momma:


Why hello gorgeous.  Nice eyelashes!


(Giraffes are my favorite, so that's pretty much the only animal I took pictures of)

It was a fun day. 



Sunday night me, Mom and Dad had a nice dinner at Panera.  We talked and talked.

Monday was a me, Mom and Grandma day.  It was so nice.  We went to a lot of the local stores in Lincoln.  A couple of them were giant old houses that had been converted into gift shops.

We met my brother for lunch.

And then shopped some more. 

My Grandma is awesome.  J  She is so proper and polite, yet she is so funny too.

It was a good trip.  I plan to go back in the fall.  And then again shortly after my new niece/nephew arrives.

I love my family!

P.S. - my flight back (which was straight to Denver and then back to ABQ) got cancelled, so they put me on a different flight, I mean flightS.  Here's how I got home:



It was a LONG day!

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...