Friday, May 31, 2013

Random Thoughts

I have much to blog about, in fact, I have a whole list in the little notebook I keep with me, but it's in my purse and I am too lazy to get it out, sort the pictures, etc.  Yep, I'm THAT lazy, ha ha.

So here's my random thoughts for the day.

*I'm glad it's the weekend.  I worked all day and we just got home from a grand opening event where I ate too many appetizers.  There was this amazing chocolate mousse dessert in a tiny cup with a tiny spoon that had hot fudge in the bottom of it.  Oh my.  I had two of those.

*Tomorrow we have a busy day.  Service until noon, then a few errands to run, then we are heading to Santa Fe for a French meeting at 4:00.

*Sunday is a 'free' day.  I plan to blog again and get organized around the house a little bit more.  And maybe watch a movie.

*We went to Colorado last weekend and had a great time.  I miss our friends there already.  They are totally the type of friends that I could take a vacation with.  We have a lot of fun with them.

*I just finished Lauren Graham's book, 'Someday Someday Maybe'.  I really, really liked it.  It's not like a 'deep' read or anything, and I would definitely categorize it as 'fluff', but I love fluff!  It was the perfect book for me to read right now.  And I actually laughed out loud at least 10 times.  She is a good writer, and a good comedian.  The main character in the book (Franny Banks) was so believable and likable and so....imperfect.  She was great!  I hope Lauren writes more books.

I thought this paragraph was interesting, ha ha (Franny lives in Brooklyn):



*Music.  I've been listening to a lot of Pink lately.  And Coldplay.  And Simon & Garfunkel (don't judge).  And Phillip Phillips.  And Birdy.  And Judy Garland.  And The Lumineers.  And Elton John.  And The Killers.

My tastes in music are varied, if you couldn't tell.

*Work is nuts.  If I never had to look at an audit again in my life, I would be totally okay with that.  Oh, and my boss just told me today 'work all the overtime you want'.  Want?  I don't WANT to work any.  But I can work some here and there if I NEED to.  Maybe.  If I want to.  Ha.

*I'm tired, can you tell?

*What did we ever do before we could pay bills online?  Seriously.  I think online bill pay is the best thing about the internet.

*The next best thing on the internet is Amazon.  And Etsy.

*Have you seen that new (or maybe it's not that new) aisle in Target that's like 'Gifts on the Go' or something like that?  It's by all the gift wrap and gift bags.  Anyways, they have really cute stuff there.

*Did you know that counting from 1-69 in French is very easy, but once you hit 70, you actually have to do math in your head?  Like 70 in French is 60+10 (soixante-dix).  80 is 4x20 (quatre vingts).  90 is even more confusing.  4x20+whatever number is next - 11 - 19.  Seriously.  So 99 is quatre-vingts-dix-neuf (4x20+19).

Thankfully, unless we're in the book of Psalms, we don't have to worry about the higher numbers too much.  I'm to the point now that when I hear a number in French, I don't have to translate it into English in my head...I just turn to the chapter and verse.   Unless it's 70 or over.  And then I have to do the math.  It's so dumb!

I think that's it for now.  This was just a very random brain dump!  And because this is a random post, here are two more random photos:

Lola, my pretty car.


And best friends (not really, but they really do like each other most of the time):


I don't know why the picture came out kind of squished.  But if I'm too lazy to go get my blog list, I'm definitely too lazy to fix the picture.

Have a good weekend!





20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...