Friday, August 1, 2014

Reclaiming My House - Project #6 - The Pantry

Our kitchen pantry kicks my butt every six months or so.  And it's my fault.  When I get groceries I tend to just put things where there's room, with no rhyme or reason why.

Anyways, this is what it looked like about an hour ago:


Awful!  See how there is three cans of spaghetti sauce (Hunts) on three different shelves?  Nice one Angie.

So I emptied it out, cleaned all of the shelves, readjusted the heights of the shelves, and started putting things back.

Yesterday on my way home from work I stopped at Home Goods and picked up two wire shelves and some baskets.



I threw out expired stuff and then reorganized everything that was left.

Here's the after:


Still a lot of stuff, but at least it's organized and there's some breathing room.


The wire shelf worked out great.  I used one of the red baskets for my gazillion oatmeal packets.  And can I just say how happy I am that I have not ONE, but TWO jars of unopened red chile sauce (top shelf, middle)?  One from Monroe's, one from Weck's.  And they are both delicious!!!

Here's the bottom two shelves:


The pasta shelf and the cereal shelf (that shares with my tall bottle of olive oil because it doesn't fit anywhere else).  And look!  All of the spaghetti sauces are together!  It's the small things, right?

Anyways.  It took less than an hour.   I plan to use the other shelf and baskets for the rest of my cabinets.  Sadly, my kitchen is in bad shape so I will have to reclaim this room in sections.  Oh well.  It seems to be working because I'm not getting overwhelmed yet ha ha.

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...