Monday, August 18, 2014

Reclaiming My House - Project #8 - The Master Closet

We have a small master bedroom.  And with our small master bedroom comes a small master bedroom closet.  It is not a walk in.  However, because we each have a decent sized dresser in our room, we are able to share our little closet.  My husband’s side is pretty neat most of the time.  My side however?
Out.  Of.  Control. 

See?  Awful. 
My hanging clothes were a mess.  My shoes were a mess.  

And my handbags were a mess (along with all of the other junk that was stored on the upper shelves)

Oy.
 I first went through my clothes.  I didn’t get rid of much because I had just gone through them about six months ago.  But I put ‘like’ things together.  I hung up my work pants on my pants hangers.  I hung up my skirts and my skirt hangers, etc. 
Look at all those empty hangers!  They are reserved for my sweaters.  During the summer, my sweaters live in an under-the-bed storage box.  I'll get them out in a couple of months or so.
Then I worked on my shoes.  Shoes are tricky for me.  The weather here is up and down a lot….I could be wearing open toed shoes all the way through November possibly.  So I pretty much keep all of my shoes out year round.  I did get rid of two pairs though that I wear occasionally but absolutely kill my feet.  As in…I get blisters each time after wearing them.  No more!
I cleaned up what was left and put them all back on my shoe rack. 
Then I tackled my bags.  I took them all out of the closet and put them in this wicker hamper.  

I left out my nice ones (Coach & Michael Kors) and put those in the red bin on the upper shelf. 

I really do use all of them.  I switch them out every 2 or 3 months or so.  I have maybe 15 total.  That’s not bad….is it?  Or do I have a problem?  Oh well.  I won't change.  Ha ha.
I’m slowly getting back into the habit of doing at least one load of laundry every day too and FOLDING AND PUTTING AWAY EACH LOAD IMMEDIATELY.  I’m almost caught up!!
So much better!

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...