Thursday, September 28, 2017

Random

*People that chew gum with their mouths open should not be allowed to chew gum.  ESPECIALLY  at work.  ESPECIALLY when their cubicle is right in front of mine.  Don’t even get me started on the bubble blowing and popping.  #unprofessional

*I am an anxious person by nature, but buying/selling/moving houses pushed me to a new level.  I got stressed out about the strangest things.  Like…I was super concerned about where and how to pack my Oscar the Grouch doll that I’ve had since I was a newborn.  Each time I tried to put him in a box, I get stressed out.  Would he end up in a box that went into our pod?  Because I didn’t want that.  I wanted to keep him in a box that I moved myself.  And a box that I unpacked myself.  And then when I unpacked him he needed to be put somewhere safe until I found a permanent spot from him (‘safe’ meaning away from the dogs who like to used stuffed things as chew toys, and when I say ‘dogs’ I mean Watson).  So I would pick him up and then put him down (he was in a gallon sized ziplock bag).  It was so crazy to get stressed out about it!  And then other things that I should have been more concerned about, I wasn’t (like just haphazardly throwing things into boxes with no rhyme or reason).  Anyways…it all worked out.  I packed him and moved him myself in the car and  Oscar has a permanent home in my bedroom closet on the top shelf.  He’s the first thing I see when I round the corner (I have a large closet/dressing room).  He makes me smile.

*The Tidy Cats Breeze litter box system has changed my life.  If you have a cat, run to the pet store and get this litter box NOW.  No tracking.  No clump scooping.  It is a BREEZE (get it?) to deal with.  I started using this at our old house about 2 months before we moved.  I love it so much that I set up an automatic shipment on chewy.com for the pads and pellets.  And I NEVER set up auto ship (or auto pay for that matter) for ANYTHING because I am highly against anything coming out of my bank account that I didn’t initiate.  But I love this product so much that I bit the bullet and put it on autoship.  So the supplies are automatically delivered to me every six weeks.

*I buy cans of mixed nuts, then I pick out all of the cashews (cashews are my favorite).  I suppose I could just buy a can of ONLY cashews, but then I would eat the whole thing.  For some reason, it feels better this way.

*I HATE wet grass.  Hate it.  My husband takes the dogs out in the morning Monday – Friday, but I usually do it on the weekend mornings when the grass is all wet and dewy.  UGH!  It’s not so bad in the winter when I’m wearing closed toed shoes, but for 9 months out of the year here I’m usually in flip-flops.

*Did you know that drywall sandpaper is EXCELLENT at removing those hard water rings from toilets?  Yep.  Works WAY better than a pumice stone.  But not just regular sandpaper, it has to be drywall sandpaper.  Which is almost metal-like.  I have a stash of it underneath my sink.  In a perfect world, I wouldn’t let the toilet get to the point of having a hard water ring, but every now and then it just happens.

*When I take foil off of something (like a dish in the fridge), I MUST roll it up into a tiny little ball before throwing it in the trash.  I can’t imagine NOT doing this.  In fact, if you don’t do this, something is probably wrong with you.

*When you wear dangly earrings, a lazy pony-tail looks intentional. 

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...