Wednesday, September 20, 2017

TV

In my spare time (haaaaaaaa) I do one of two things.  I either read or watch tv.  Or sometimes I do both at the same time. 

Lately, here’s what I’ve been watching/re-watching:

Mad Men.  There are just no words to describe this show other than completely brilliant.  I’ve been through it about 4 times now and it gets better each time.  Jon Hamm?  Amazing.  Christina Hendricks?  Amazing.  Elizabeth Moss?  Amazing.  I love, love, love this show so much.  And according to the online history buffs, this show is COMPLETELY historically accurate.  PS:  It’s a PG-13 show. (Netflix)



Blacklist.  I’m now re-watching it for the second time.  I haven’t watched Season 4 yet, because I wanted to go back and watch Seasons 1-3 again.  This is a suspenseful, somewhat gross (at times) show.  James Spader plays Raymond Reddington, who is on the FBI 10 most wanted list.  He turns himself in (in the pilot episode) and makes a deal with the FBI that he will help them catch criminals out there that they don’t even know exist (all on the ‘Blacklist’) in exchange for SOME freedom.  I LOVE James Spader.  He is so delightfully creepy in this….he’s the bad guy you root for.  Well, I root for him (my husband thinks I’m crazy). (Netflix)



Grey’s Anatomy.  I was WAYYYY late on the Grey’s Anatomy bandwagon.  I didn’t start watching it until maybe 5 years ago?  Whenever it first appeared on Netflix.  I LOVE this show.  I’ve been through it multiple times.  And it’s still going!  Season 14 starts soon.  I love the characters, the emotions, the medical stuff, all of it.  It’s definitely ‘binge-worthy’.  Cristina Yang (Sandra Oh) is one of the best characters of all time.  She left the show a couple of years ago.  But it’s still good! (Netflix)



Bob’s Burgers.  Again….I was late to the game on this one too.  I started watching this show just a few months ago.  It is laugh-out-loud funny.  Every episode.  It’s animated.  It’s about the Belcher family, who own a (usually-failing) burger joint in a coastal town.  They are weird, they have three weird kids, and even weirder friends and family.  My favorite character is Gene, the son.  His one-liners are fantastic.  He walks around with a keyboard that makes fart noises.  Or he walks around in a hamburger costume.  Just a couple of his many charms.  The mom (Linda) and the oldest daughter (Tina) are both voiced by men.  Which is weird at first, but then you get totally used to it and it makes everything funnier.  The parents are so supportive of their weird kids and it’s just endearing and hilarious.  (Hulu)



This Is Us.  If you’re one of the few people on the earth who haven’t heard of this show yet or even watched it yet, drop what you’re doing and go watch it NOW.  My husband and I watch this together every week and it is AMAZING.  Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia are awesome.  And the story lines are SO good.  (NBC)



So if you have Hulu or Netflix or cable or the NBC app and are looking for something new to watch, check out these shows.  You will laugh.  Or cry.  Or both!

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...