Monday, September 18, 2017

The Room With Many Doors

The very first time we looked at this house, I was very surprised by the upstairs.  You know how most houses (in my head anyways) that have an upstairs also have like a hallway with other doors leading to other rooms that are up there?  

Ours does not.

So you go up stairs, turn left, go up some more stairs and there is one door.  And when you open that door, you are in our bedroom.

However.....

Our bedroom has many doors.  (And please forgive the unedited, dark photos....I don't have time to edit and I took these last night).


See?  Lots of doors.  The door on the very left is the bathroom.  Then the accordion doors, which is my husband's closet.  The 3rd door is the door that leads to downstairs (no hallway or landing...you open that door and you go down).  And the 4th door is the door to the library (which can only be accessed from our room.  It's the door on the right side in the picture below....you can also see a glimpse of the built in desk at the other end of the room).


Confused yet?  

There's just one door on the other side of the wall.


That's deceiving too, because it's a teeny tiny door that leads to my closet.  Which is like a whole other world.  Ha ha.

But seriously....it's so odd that one single door at the top of a staircase can contain so many things!!  I kind of love it up here.  Even though it took me a while to get accustomed to all of the strange doors and nooks and crannies.  I'll do a separate post on my closet sometime.  And the library (although there is a little glimpse below...I've already made some changes since the initial unpacking!)



And because my new thing is random blogging, here is Howie, ready to eat dinner with us.

Look at him sitting all proper.  (about 2 seconds after I snapped this photo he hopped up on the table).



20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...