Sunday, October 22, 2017

October

Ah…October.  I don’t ever remember October as being that busy in the past.  But this year it’s a doozy!!  Such a doozy that it’s already October 22nd and I'm just now blogging about it.

October 1st we had our Circuit Assembly in English (which was great by the way).
October 5th I had an all-day work thing at a local elementary school.  It was fun, but super tiring.  Also, hubby had a French part.
October 8th we had our Annual Meeting.
October 9th we hosted a Fantasy Football watch party at our house.
October 9th – 13th – Balloon Fiesta.  This doesn’t really have MUCH of an effect on me, however it required me to be to work at 5:30 or so to avoid sitting in traffic for an hour.  Which meant I had to get up each morning around 4:45.  Ugh.    
October 10th I had a dental appointment after work which took forever.
October 12th  hubby had a French part
October 13th practiced at the KH for part of our French Graduation
October 14th French Graduation!  Yes!!!
October 19th I had a talk in French (the 6 minute one).  Hubby also had two meeting parts, one in English, one in French.  
October 22nd Duke City Marathon - hubby ran a 5K!!
October 26th I have another dental appointment
October 28th we are having a gathering at our house to thank our French Teachers.  There will be about 25 people coming.

I have 15 work meetings scheduled so far for the remainder of October, and these are just the ‘regular’ weekly/monthly meetings that I have.  More will pop up.     

I’m trying to get as much done now as I can for our French gathering next weekend.  I have the gifts, most people have signed the cards, I have lists going of who is bringing what to the gathering, what I still need to get, and small things around the house to get done.  Oy.  It's a lot of work.  I'm looking forward to it, but I'm also looking forward to it being over with.  

Today though, my mother-in-law and I knocked out a big item on our list...cleaning the window tracks and windows in our sunroom.  Our gathering will be held primarily outside and in our sunroom, which totally opens up to the outside.  



Anyways....the sunroom door windows and window tracks have been neglected.  So today, we cleaned them.  It was quite the job!  But they look sooooo much better.  Since the doors will be open, I wanted the tracks to be nice and clean.  And now they are!


I ordered 96 feet of string lights that should be arriving tomorrow.  We hope to get them hung tomorrow evening (around the sunroom).  Hopefully it will turn out like what I have pictured in my head ha ha.  I'm glad they'll be here before the party though!  I hope the weather cooperates.  But we will have heaters in the sunroom, and plenty of space if we need to move the chairs in there.  And the fire pit will be going because we're having s'mores (of course).  And also a hot chocolate station!  :)

So October has been a crazy, crazy month.  November should be quieter….I hope!

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...