Monday, October 30, 2017

Estate Sale

Today I was off of work (yay!) and so was my husband. We had left the house to go have breakfast and on the way we saw a sign on our block for an estate sale. I was in a spontaneous mood so I said “let’s go!”. So we went, not expecting to find anything. 

About a month ago, we decided that the next time we go to Ikea (February) we were going to buy more flatware. We just simply don’t have enough and run out and we’re always short of forks when they are in the dishwasher. Welllll at the sale I found a really cool set of NICE Japanese flatware priced for $20.  I loved the look of them. After checking to see if all of the pieces were there, I showed them to hubby and he liked them as well. The price tag was $20. I picked them up because there were other people milling around and I wanted to protect my great find!






Then I found this cool looking thing that was a super heavy little piggy bank. An OLD bank. From Southern Chicago. There was just something about it that I really liked and I’ve been wanting something to corral our change upstairs. The price was $5.





So hubby asked if we could get both items for $20 instead of $25 and the lady happily said yes.

When we got home we looked up our items online and discovered that the silver was going for $225 and the piggy bank was going for $125!!!  Crazy! We aren’t going to sell our items but it looks like we got some good deals!

I’m glad my spontaneousness worked out well this morning!

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...