Saturday, December 23, 2017

2017 Reading Wrap-Up


This was a good reading year for me!  Definitely better than last year.  I realize December isn't over yet, but I doubt I will finish any more books this month.  If I do, I will just track them in January.

This year, I read 76 books. !

Here’s the breakdown-
Fiction:  41
Non-Fiction:  35

1 star books:  5
2 star books:  15
3 star books:  36
4 star books:  15
5 star books:  5

I think this is pretty typical.  3 stars (liked it) are always going to be my prominent rating.  I would LOVE to have more 4 and 5 star reads, but I’m pleased with the outcome for 2017.

Here are my 4 star books:
Lagom – The Swedish Art of Balanced Living
The Hundred Dresses
The Story of Arthur Truluv
Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls
Year of Yes
Little Women
Everyone Brave is Forgiven
The Light Between Oceans
Station Eleven
Our Souls at Night
Milk & Honey
These Is My Words
Forgive for Good
Hamilton:  The Revolution
The Worst Hard Time

And here are my 5 star books:
Top 10 Iceland (ha ha)
The One-in-a-Million Boy
All the Light We Cannot See
When Breath Becomes Air
The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry

My favorite NON-FICTION book of 2017 was.....


This is such a great book.  I hope she writes more!

My favorite FICTION book of 2017 was.....I agonized over this.  I had it narrowed down to two.  The runner up was All the Light We Cannot See.  It almost won.  But while it was an AMAZING 5-star book, it was a difficult read and I didn’t necessarily ENJOY reading it.  I hope that makes sense.  So, my favorite fiction of 2017 is......


I would highly recommend this book!  

I have some 2018 reading goals for next year, stay tuned!

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...