Saturday, December 23, 2017

2018 Plans



2018 will be another busy year.

At the end of January, we are having an addition put onto our house.  It will be a kitchen for my mother-in-law.  It should take 6-8 weeks (again…hopefully).  It will change the look of the front of our house.  The wall on the right side of the house will be removed and will become the front of my mother-in-law’s house (with a front door for her).  It will be brick.  They will try to match the brick with our house the best they can, but it may be off a little bit.  She will also have a sliding glass patio door (or French doors) leading out to a little patio (in the backyard).  And she’ll have everything a kitchen should have…appliances, counters, cabinets, etc.  Oh, and a washer/dryer, most likely stackable to save space.  I’m excited for her!  

In February, my husband is going to Arizona to do the Spartan Race with a buddy of his.  I opted to stay home, mostly so I could work and not use any PTO because I need to save it up.

In May, we are going to Iceland for a week. !  I am excited.  We need to start planning more though, the only thing we’ve done is get our plane tickets and mapped out the places in the country we want to see.  We need to book an air B&B or something.  But we have the general location nailed down at least.

As for the rest of the year, we haven’t planned past May.  There are loads of projects we would like to do around the house, but we are saving money first and none of them need to be done immediately.  We are in no great rush.  Most of the stuff is not major (although we have a few major projects on our list as well, but those are YEARS down the road) and will need to wait until Spring anyways.  

So I kind of just want to hunker down for the winter, hygge (Google this if you don’t know what it is), focus on spiritual things, healthy things, get little projects done around the house, and then come out in the Spring.  :)

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...