Monday, July 16, 2018

Addition Update #6 (final interior)


This will be the final update for the INTERIOR of the addition.

I present to you, my mother-in-law’s kitchen:



This is her front door, and to the left is her sliding glass patio doors (that currently lead out to a patch of dirt...the patio is not done:



This door is the laundry closet.  She has a full-size washer and dryer in there (stacked).  We hung up her antique rug-beater on the door.  It belonged to her grandmother!


Her little kitchen cart, which acts as her baking station (she's highly allergic to gluten, so she is armed with a bread-maker and all kinds of alternate flours - coconut, rice, almond, etc.).  This also holds the dog food and dog treats.  We hung her needlepoint that she did in 1995 over the cart.


View from the hallway:


This door holds her tank-less water heater, as well as her trash can and large container of dry dog food.  She might add some additional shelving in the future, because there's room for it.  The hallway you see leads into her great room (which is a combined living room/office).


There are a few more things that need tweaked...like her washing machine needs balanced.  We paid to have the appliances installed, so they need to come and balance them.  Also, Lowe's ordered the wrong refrigerator.  If you look closely, it's a 'black' stainless steel.  It doesn't quite match the dishwasher and stove in color.  The other one will not be delivered for another month or so, so they told her to use the wrong one until then.  Not a big deal. 

So, although it took wayyyy longer than we were hoping, we are very pleased with the final result.  I love it!  I'm jealous!  But more importantly, SHE loves it.  In fact, she texted me this morning and it just said "Guess what!  I'm eating breakfast at my KITCHEN table in the KITCHEN!!!".  She was so excited!  :)  

And of course, there is still outdoor work to be done.  But as of now, she has a fully functioning kitchen and laundry room!

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...