Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Tent Rocks



A couple of weeks ago, my nephew from Nebraska came to visit.  We mostly just ran around town and hung out at home and we had a great time!

We only did one ‘touristy’ thing and that was Tent Rocks.  Tent Rocks is about an hour northwest of Albuquerque.  It is a cluster of rock formations that are the result of volcanic eruptions that happened 6-7 million years ago.  They vary in height, from a few feet to 90 feet high.



There are a couple of different trails you can take to the top.  We chose the difficult one, which is 1.5 miles each way.  Trekking up a narrow canyon with a 630 feet climb. 



Once you get to the top, you get a great view of the mountains and the Rio Grande Valley.



I’m not going to lie, it was a very difficult hike for me.  But I did it!  I would like to do it again sometime, but maybe on a cooler day (it was about 100 degrees when we went).

Anyways, we had a great time and it was nice to do something that was new for all of us.

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...