Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Les Parents



My parents came to visit last week.  We had a nice time!  They are low-maintenance and we never really do anything ‘touristy’ (unless they come during balloon fiesta).  But we DO go to bookstores.  And eat.  Ha ha.

They arrived Wednesday and I made dinner and we just relaxed.  I also made my mom a little book book.  We had a little pocket sized moleskin notebook around and I took her book list and put it in alphabetical order (one letter per page) for her fiction, then made a non-fiction section and categorized her non-fiction reads so she can easily search for them (essays, biographies, memoirs, etc.).

Thursday we went to the bookshop downtown (the infamous bookshop!) and then to Page One Books (an independent bookstore that sells new and used books).  Then dad took us all out to Thai Spice for dinner.  YUM.

Friday we went to Ross, then lunch, then back to Page One ha ha.  Oh and Barnes and Noble.

Saturday we went to meeting, then to the book sale downtown (ha ha!) and then finally back home to watch the Husker game.  I wore my Husker socks that my Grandma sent along.  :)  She also sent popcorn from Colby Ridge and Husker can cozies!  So sweet.




Sunday was a lazy morning, breakfast, more book talk and then mom and dad packed up and headed home.

I’m not sure what we would do if my parents didn’t like to read hee hee.  It was so nice to spend time with them!

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...