Wednesday, September 12, 2018

September Book Haul


I know it’s only the 12th, but I’m posting this because I am not buying any more books this month!!

My parents came to visit, which ALWAYS means that we go to lots of bookstores.  Multiple times.

So, obviously, my book haul was huge.

Now, keep in mind, these are USED BOOKS!!!!!  Which saves a fortune.

I got 27:


I’ve already DNF’d one of them (The Year of Fog).  Couldn’t get into it.  AND…I’ve already read 3 of them, but wanted them for my collection.  One is ‘I’d Rather Be Reading’ by Anne Bogel. 

And the other two are ‘This Must Be the Place’ by Maggie O’Farrell and ‘High Tide in Tucson’ by Barbara Kingsolver.  



I have ‘This Must Be the Place’ on my Kindle, but as you can see from the photo below, there are pictures in this book and it’s much easier to read the REAL copy:



And if you haven’t read This Must Be the Place, please read it.

I got 5 non-fictions (again...2 of these I've already read):



These two I’m excited about…I’ve heard good things.  One is a sequel, so I was excited to find them both (for $1.50 each).



These two are new-ish.  But I got them for CHEAP!!!



And, I’ve realized how many of Barbara Kingsolver’s books that I HAVEN’T read.  How can I tell people she’s one of my favorite authors without having read most of her books?  So I stocked up on the ones I haven’t read.


I had so much fun cataloging my new books.  Which involves adding them to my book book (my little notebook that holds all of my lists), adding them to my Book Buddy app, tearing off the price stickers and all other labels, and shelving them.  Which was no small feat.

It was fun!

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...