Monday, March 2, 2020

February Reads (9)





Two stars:           eh, it was okay
Three stars:        liked it
Four stars:           really, really liked it
Five stars:            absolutely loved it

1-Star (0)

2-Star (0)

3-Star (7)
***The Slippery Slope, The Grim Grotto, The Penultimate Peril, The End (Fiction, L. Snicket – the last 4 books)
Overall, I enjoyed this series.  These are funny books and I laughed out loud multiple times.  LISTEN TO THEM ON AUDIO.  The audio is fantastic.  (I was too lazy to list them all out individually).  I listened to all 4 of these on my way home from Nebraska.

***As Time Goes By (Fiction, M. Higgins-Clark)
When Mary Higgins-Clark died, I remembered that I read a LOT of her books when I was a teenager and I remembered enjoying them!  So I might start reading some of them again.  They are somewhat light reads, but they’re not bad!  I enjoyed this one on audio.

***All that Remains (Fiction, P. Cornwell)
This one was easy to put down, but it was still good.

***All the Ever Afters (Fiction, D. Teller)
The untold story of Cinderella’s stepmother.  It was okay.  Kind of long.

4-Star (1)
****Thunderhead (Arc of a Scythe #2) (Fiction, N. Shusterman)
Not quite as strong as the first book, but still good.   A little long and slow in the middle but the ending made up for it.

5-Star (1)
*****Golden Rules:  Wit and Wisdom of the Golden Girls
My sister gave me this book and it’s fantastic, especially if you’re a Golden Girls fan. 

Total Books Read: 9 (8 Fiction, 1 Non-Fiction)

DNF (3)
The Most Fun We Ever Had (C. Lombardo) – just ick, which is too bad because I think it had potential
The Carnivorous Carnival (L. Snicket #9) – magic, crystal balls, etc.
The Wife (M. Wolitzer) – hated all of the characters

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...