Thursday, December 26, 2013

Movie Project Post #11

It's been a while, but I'm still at it!  Five more down:



The Big Year

Not a fan.  It was just okay.



East of Eden

Good, but of course the book blows it away.  And the movie focuses more on Cal, instead of Adam (as in the book).



Rebel Without a Cause

I just must not be a big James Dean fan, because I didn't understand what all the hype was about this movie.  It was just okay as well.



Cat on a Hot Tin Roof

Excellent.  Paul Newman?  Excellent.  Elizabeth Taylor?  Excellent.  The whole movie takes place over one night.  It's fast paced and very dramatic.  I loved it.



A Streetcar named Desire

Blanche DeBois.  "Stella"!!!!!!!!   Another good one.  Vivien Leigh won an Oscar for this one, which was well deserved.  Marlon Brando was good as well.

My favorites:
Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, followed very closely be a Streetcar Named Desire.

14 left!!!

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...