Monday, December 9, 2013

Auntie

I became an Auntie for the 5th time at 1:11 a.m. this morning.

There is something very special about being an aunt.  I have the privilege of being related to these little (and not so little) people.  I get to watch them grow up, and watch my siblings be amazing parents.

Choosing not to have kids myself adds another element to being an auntie.  I like to think that even though I am so far from them and don’t get to see them often, they know that they always have a place with us.  If they want to come and stay for a few weeks during the summer, they can.  If they want our undivided attention while they are here, they will always have it.  They are, without a doubt, the most important little (and not so little) people in our lives. 
They are all so special.

D (17).  He will be 18 next month (ugh!  I’m getting old).  He has always been mature.  He was 6 going on 12.  And then 12 going on 18.  And now 18 going on….well you get the drift.  Such a cool teenager.  Such a gentleman.

M (12).  I was in the room when he was born.  He always accidentally called me ‘mom’ at least once each time when he would spend the night with me when he was younger “mom…I mean Angie”.  We still have our inside jokes, our Face Time, and our memories.  He is so special.

A (4).  My one and only niece.  She is so very special and girly and she has long curly hair and I love her to pieces.  I am so glad I got a niece.  (I’m sorry, but buying little girl stuff is so much more fun than buying little boy stuff).

M (1).  Nephew #3.  He is the exact replica of my brother.  Totally.  Not only in his looks, but his actions as well.  He makes car and truck noises just like my brother did as a child.  He is adorable.  I can’t wait until I can kiss his cheeks again.

A (1 day).  I don’t know much about him yet, other than he is adorable and  looks like my sister-in-law and he has a fantastic older brother and older sister and two amazing cousins.  J  I can’t wait to meet you little man!
Feeling very thankful tonight for healthy and happy kids (that aren’t mine, but I would take any of them in a heartbeat).  J  My heart is full. 

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...