Saturday, November 30, 2013

Black Friday

For the past three years, a very good friend of mine and myself have been braving the crowds on Thursday night of Thanksgiving and doing some early Black Friday shopping.  It's become our tradition, and we look forward to it every year.

This year we went to Target, Walmart and Old Navy.

Here's some of the deals I scored:


A king-sized fuzzy blanket from Target's Threshold line for $20.  700 thread count sheets set at Walmart for $25.


$20 off this Sonic Care electric toothbrush.  In pink, nonetheless!


Jeans, shirts, hats, gloves and a spiky necklace at Old Navy.  The entire store was 50% off!!


Classic Monopoly for $5 at Target.

I also got some DVDs, and a year long Xbox live membership for my husband that were both heavily discounted.

But all these deals and sales is not why we go.  We go because it's the one time of year that my friend and I can spend together one-on-one.

We talk for hours.  We laugh.  We talk about life, family, other friends.  We discovered that the Del Taco drive through is open at midnight.  We have SO much fun.  The deals we get are just an 'extra' perk.  We never go for stuff that we absolutely MUST have, which makes the whole ordeal so much more fun.  Anything we find that's great is a just a bonus.

363 days until the next one!!

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...