Friday, November 22, 2013

Better Than the First



No spoilers here...I will just post a few movie stills photo (from IMDB.com).

We caught a matinee of The Hunger Games:  Catching Fire this afternoon.  Now, I've read all three books (about 3 times each), and loved all three books.  I thought they did a really good job with the first Hunger Games movie and I really, really liked it.  However, I LOVED Catching Fire.  I was surprised they didn't split this book into two separate movies (like they are doing with the third book, Mockingjay), because there are two distinct parts of the book and I think they could have made two movies out of it.  But they stuck closer to the book with Catching Fire, which I really liked.

And now, a few stills:

Effie...Effie, who has a heart.


The scene that broke my heart:


Ceasar Flickerman, who is played by Stanley Tucci (who is amazing now matter what role he plays):


And finally, the beautiful Mockingjay:


Go see the movie.  And if you haven't read the books, PLEASE read them.  It's one of the best stories I've read in a long time.  You won't be able to put them down.

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...