Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Entertainment

Just to warn you, I'm going to start rambling on again about movies and television.  I swear this is not an entertainment blog, regardless of the title of this post.

I feel the need to emphasize once again that I do not watch TV and movies all the time.  I maybe watch one hour a day of TV during the week.  A little more on the weekends.  We are busy and don't have tons of time.  I have been known to pop in a movie or series in my portable dvd player and have it playing on the kitchen counter while I'm making dinner.  Or folding laundry.  I have to multi-task.  

So even though I am not spending 24/7 in front of the screen, I still add to my collection.  I think it started when I was living in my first apartment and had no money, no cable, and no internet.  But what did I have?  I had a tv and DVD player.  That was my entertainment.  Movies and TV series that I already owned.

So, when I realized that I got 3 paychecks this month, I set aside $100 for myself to spend at Amazon and Target to splurge a little.  My bounty came today!


Never Been Kissed - on sale for $4.75 on blu ray at Target.  I couldn't pass it up!

Parks and Rec, Season One - this is becoming my new favorite comedy series, so I decided to slowly buy them on DVD.  SUCH a funny show!

How to Make an American Quilt - an oldie, but goodie.

That Thing You Do - Another great one!  And who doesn't love Tom Hanks?

Mad Men, Season 6 - I got sucked in after the first season.  (sigh)

The Young Riders, Season 2 - My favorite series as a 12-13 year old.  They released season 1 a few years ago, then season 3 a few months ago, and then season 2.  So, a little out of order, but my series is complete now!

So maybe this weekend I'll have some time to watch some of them - after work on Friday, dinner with friends Friday night, French service Saturday, French Bible reading class, then meeting.  Hmm.  I better fire up the portable DVD player!

(p.s. - all of the above came in well under $100, thanks to my free shipping on Amazon and sales at Target!)

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...