Friday, January 31, 2014

Bad Blogger

So the bad blogger of the month of January goes to……drumroll……MOI!!!!
January was busy, hectic, fun and also heartbreaking.  Here’s a breakdown and also some random things:
 *We found out our dog Max  has cancer (heartbreaking).  He is doing okay for the moment, and we think he has a few months left at least.   He still has a great appetite, which we view as a good sign.  He's 11.
*My sister-in-law, niece and new nephew came for a visit last week (fun!).  We had a blast.  It was so good to spend time with them.  I will do another longer blog post hopefully over the weekend.  Then they left (heartbreaking).
*We no longer have a cleaning lady.  Yes, I know no one will feel sorry for me.  J  However, I decided to let her go for a couple of reasons.  One, I’m not sure exactly how our animals act when they come into our house.  The dogs are generally ‘people’ dogs, but I don’t know what they do when our cleaning lady (and company) are in the house once a week for 3 hours.  While Max is doing well with his diagnosis so far, I want him to be comfortable 24/7.  I want him to go and lay on his bed in the bedroom if he wants.  Or on his bed in the living room.  I want ZERO stress in his precious life right now, and I have a feeling he gets stressed out with different people in his house every week (see next paragraph).
We recently found out that it’s not just the cleaning lady and her husband that come and clean.   It’s them plus 2 to 3 additional people (sometimes different ones each time).  ???  I don’t know why.  Yes, I understand they may have a team, but neither my husband or I felt comfortable with a new set of strangers in our house each week.  So my husband changed our garage code and we both feel much better.  We may hire another cleaning lady in the future, one that we know and trust (we have someone in mind).
So, things are a bit crazier at our house (hectic). 
*We’ve both been getting more French assignments lately.  I have a French talk on Wednesday that I haven’t even started on.  Yikes.  We also just found out that we are going to have a French Watchtower study every single week.  Yay! 
*I’ve been watching The West Wing.  I’ve never seen it, although we own the complete series on DVD.  Both my husband and mother-in-law are big fans.  I first tried to watch it while we were on a yacht in Alaska.  In the evening.  While on Dramamine.  With the gentle swaying of the boat.  Yeah….it didn’t go well.  So I gave it another chance.  And I love it.  I know why it won so many awards.  I’m on Season 3.
*Work has been crazy this week.  As soon as we released our temp employee, things got nuts.  Of course.  Isn’t that how it always happens?  We are also getting ready to move to a brand new building that is WAY closer to home.  They gave us our boxes this week to start packing.  It's exciting!
*Sorry for no real photos....I will do a bigger blog post over the weekend....once my French talk is done.
*Go Seahawks!!  We aren't having a Superbowl party or anything, however, my mother-in-law will come over and watch it with us and have some veggies, hummus, and cheese and crackers.  And wine.  Not your typical Superbowl party food, but we are not typical.  Ha ha.
Okay, that's all for now.  Time to work on my French talk.  Yikes:

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...