Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Sprouts



I have other stuff to blog about, but it's getting late (for me) and instead of sorting through 50+ pictures, I just wanted to do a quick post, about nothing.  Just call me Seinfeld.  I guess it's about something though:  Sprouts.

Today was an unusual day.  It's a Wednesday, which is usually our meeting night.  However, it started snowing today around 11:30 a.m., and it hasn't stopped yet.  And while we aren't buried or anything, our Kingdom Hall sits at the base of a mountain, and it is no joke up there.  So therefore, meeting was cancelled.  Which meant that I had kind of a 'free' night.  So after I got home from work and took out the dogs, I wanted to make a quick trip to the store to stock up on fruits and veggies.  But I didn't want to go far.  The nearest Target/Walmart/Smiths/Albertsons is at least a 10-15 minute drive in NORMAL weather, but today it would have been worse.  So I went to Sprouts, which is about 6 blocks from our house.

The best way I can describe it is halfway between Trader Joe's and Whole Foods in both size and price.  They carry mostly organic and natural foods.  They have baked goods, meats, a great cheese selection, and their produce is why most people go there.  While they are pricey with their processed (boxes, cans) foods, their produce is always super reasonable, even for organic.

I stocked up.  I got bananas, celery, carrots, broccoli, grapes and strawberries.


In their cheese case, they have a basket that contains a whole selection of little cheeses.  By little, I mean like the size of a deck of cards or smaller.  It's where they put all of the odd pieces and ends cut off of larger pieces.  I like that I can get a nice selection of cheese for usually around $1 per 'hunk':


Sprouts is a vegetarians dream, because they carry an array of products like this:


They also carry their own brand of many foods:


Yum!

I definitely don't get the majority of my groceries here, but it is definitely my #1 choice for fruits and veggies and I love that it is so close to our house.  We could walk there if we had to.  And who knows, if the snow keeps up we may get that opportunity (kidding).

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...