Wednesday, February 12, 2014

The Difference (and a Chris Traeger reference of course)


Here's a little story about the difference between me and my husband.

Tonight we ordered a pizza.  We do this maybe once or twice a month.  We order online from Dominos (don't knock it....have you tried it lately???  Their handmade pan pizzas are AWESOME).  Tonight I ordered a medium handmade pan pizza with green chile and onions for the topping.  Our usual order.  It's $7.99.  AND, they are LITERALLY (in my best Chris Traeger from Parks & Rec voice) right around the corner from us.  




So I ordered the pizza online, it will be ready in 9 minutes.  Fine. I mop the kitchen floor, husband unloads the dishwasher, then I get in the car and leave to pick it up.

When I get home, I open the box and there is NO green chile.  I immediately said 'oh it's okay, they just forgot, I don't want to go back, I can put some of our green chile on it, it will still be good, etc.'  No big deal.  As I'm saying all this, my husband has my iPad in his hand (with my order page still pulled up), and he is dialing up Dominos on his phone.

During the next five minutes, he is speaking to the store manager.  Apparently, the green chile got recalled (as it has in numerous places around New Mexico I guess).  But that wasn't the problem.  The problem was that our order wasn't caught and we paid for a 2-topping pizza that had only one topping (and they didn't bother to tell us). 

Within 20 minutes, our doorbell rang, and we were delivered a FREE piping hot, TWO topping pizza (mushrooms and onions) and they threw in free cheesy bread too.

Now, my husband didn't get mad, he wasn't irritated, he spoke to the manager in a nice calm voice, etc.  And because he called (whereas I was ready to just let it go), we got TWO pizzas, and a nice loaf of cheesy bread for the low low price of $7.99.

And that is the difference between me and my husband.  He makes things right, and I just want to forget about them, ha ha.  I really want to try to be more like him though.  He gets us deals on EVERYTHING!!!

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...