Tuesday, February 25, 2014

A Typical Weekend

Once again, I have a whole list of things to blog about, but I'm sitting here on a Tuesday night watching 'Gravity' with my husband (a great but stressful movie) and I'm just going to blog randomly about our weekend.

It was kind of a typical weekend, except we didn't go out in service Saturday and we usually do.  My mother-in-law had called us Friday night and asked if we would go to Moriarty with her in the morning.  Moriarty is a small town about 40 miles east of here.  She works for an insurance agency and had to take pictures of a possible home to insure.

We decided to have breakfast first at Tim's Place:

(photos from timsplaceabq.com)

Tim is a man with Downs Syndrome that opened a restaurant a couple years ago.  He graduated high school, went to college, and wanted to open a restaurant.  So he did.  And it's really, really good.  Tim greets everyone at the door and gives free hugs.  He keeps track of them:


There is a hug counter on the wall.  At the time we were there, he was 96 hugs away from 50,000.  I gave him two that day to help out.

After breakfast we drove to Moriarty.  I'll be honest....there's not much there.  Not much to see.  In fact, if you blink, you'll miss it.  We found the house, took some pictures, and then on the way back I made my husband stop to take pictures of this street sign:


They spelled Scarlett wrong!  Grr.  Oh well.  The next street down was Twelve Oaks.  However....both of these streets had nothing but manufactured homes on them.  Hmm.  No grand plantations in sight.

We got home around 11:30, and had almost 4 hours before we had to leave for meeting.  So I did a little project.  When my family was here, my husband brought my niece a bouquet of flowers.  She loved them and was bummed she couldn't bring them home on the plane.  So I told her we would find a way to save a few of them.  So I pressed and dried a few of them for about 3 weeks and they were finally dry enough to be handled.  I picked out the best ones and framed them:


I hope they hold up.  The purple flower on the right is actually in two pieces.  !  Oops.  Oh well.  You can't really tell, ha ha.

Then I finished preparing for French meeting.  It was good.  My husband was the chairman.  The talk was all about marriage.

(Shawn-tawn  ah  Jhay-oh-vah)

After meeting we came home and found these two:


Awwww.

Sunday I made breakfast, got groceries, cleaned, did laundry, and tried to prepare for the week as much as I could.

And that, my friends, was a typical weekend!

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...