Sunday, April 27, 2014

Target Deal of the Week

There's some good deals in the Target ad this week people!!!

Deal #1:
Planters Nuts.  




Now, nuts in general are expensive.  And we eat a lot of them.  I tend to stick to the Market Pantry brand, because they are usually cheaper.  However, in the Target ad today, you could get a $5.00 Target gift card for buying three cans of Planters Nuts (a variety to choose from) that were on sale for $5.79 each.  I bought three, totaling $17.37.  I had a coupon for $2.00 off two cans of Planters Nuts, bringing it down to $15.37.  Then I got 5% off for using my 5% off card for refilling 5 prescriptions at the Target pharmacy (I get one of these every couple of months).  Then I got another 5% off for using my Target Red Debit Card, bringing it down to $13.84.  THEN, I got 10% off because Planters were in the Cartwheel app, bringing it down to $12.46.  And then they gave me a $5.00 gift card, bringing it down to $7.46.  So I essentially paid $2.48 per can.  Excellent!  That's more than 50% savings.

Deal #2 was a nice surprise.  Charmin Toilet Paper was on my list.  It was on sale for $12.99, and you got a free 3 pack of Puffs tissues with purchase.  I was thinking the free item was the little purse packs, but nope.  It was the big boxes:


Totally free!  One box for me to take to work, one box for my husband to take to work, and one box for my mother-in-law.  These weren't on my list because I already have a couple of spare boxes of tissue in the cabinet, but they were completely free!

Deal #3 was mostly a coupon deal.  A few Sundays ago, there was a coupon for $4.00 off any Almay cosmetic.  $4 off!!  That's a lot in the coupon world.  

I got this tube of mascara.  



Regular price is $4.99.  Minus the $4.00 coupon, bringing it down to .99.  Minus my 5% off prescription card, minus 5% for using my Target Debit Card, I paid a grand total of .89.  Big spender, huh?

There were some other good deals going on too that I took advantage of, stocking up on things we need (like Up & Up brand makeup remover wipes....buy 3, get one free.  This is the brand I use exclusively too!).

I think I solely keep Target in business.  And I love that I can help out my mother-in-law a little.  Usually once every couple of weeks I get to hand her a small Target bag full of free and/or heavily discounted goodies.  :)

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...