Thursday, April 3, 2014

My Seeester and The Piano Guys and a Really Cool Bracelet

I've blogged about my sister before and I'm about to do it again.

I love her so much.  She is amazing.  She knows me inside and out.  We have the same tastes in books, movies, and most music as well.  Aren't we cute?



Today, this package came in the mail to me from her.  Did I mention how thoughtful she is and she gives the BEST gifts!!?!  I was giddy as soon as I seen it.  I knew it would be good, because they always are!!!

A peek:


Eeeeee!!!


The very first thing I opened was from my nephew Micah.  He made me a super cool bracelet in the Seattle Seahawks colors!!!


I love it!!!

Next, I opened this:


Agreed.  I love it!!!  And it's true.  :)

Next, I opened this:


A few weeks ago we got to talking about music, and she mentioned a group called The Piano Guys.  She told me to check them out.  So I did.  Via You Tube.  And then I proceeded to pretty much watch everything they had ever done.  They are a group of four (there are 5 on the back of the CD, but there are 4 on their website....yes, I've looked at their website) who play the piano and cello.  Occasionally they will throw another instrument in, but for the most part it is strictly the piano and cello.  Which happen to be my two favorite instruments (especially the cello).  And they do covers.  They cover everything from Elvis to One Republic to Adele to Coldplay and more.  

They.  Are.  Amazing!!!

And I was just about to buy the CD, and she sent it to me today.  She knew!!!!

Here's my favorite song on the CD (A Thousand Years, a song by Christina Perri):


And I am not a One Direction fan, but this video of their cover of What Makes You Beautiful is simply amazing.  I mean, they are playing the INSIDE of the piano people.



I love this cover as well, it's Israel Kamakawiwo'ole's rendition of Somewhere Over the Rainbow.  It reminds me of our honeymoon when we were sailing in Hawaii somewhere between the islands of Maui and La'nai. (the song was playing on the tiny radio on the boat)


And this one 'Cello Wars' is awesomely good and funny:



Check them out.  They are amazing.

And so is my seeeeester!!!!!!




20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...