Sunday, May 11, 2014

Random

*Busyness ensues.  Sigh.  Sometimes I think how nice it would be to not be so swamped all the time, but then other times I think I wouldn't want it any other way.

*I have a French talk on Wednesday.  I REALLY struggled with this one, to the point of tears.  Not the French part....that was easy.  It was doing it in English first that was the hard part.  The Ten Commandments - ceremonial vs. moral law, etc.  A topic that is generally not going to come up in everyday conversation.  But my husband helped me with it and I got it done.  I was totally over thinking it and making it more complicated than it was.



*I just watched the movie 'Labor Day' with Josh Brolin and Kate Winslet.  It was just as good as the book.  I am a huge Josh Brolin fan though, so I may not be the best critic of this movie.  I loved it.  And now I want to bake a pie.  (which will make sense if you've read the book or seen the movie).

*I bought the above mentioned DVD at Target today for $4 due to my mad couponing skills!!!  Much cheaper than going to see it on the big screen, even at the cheap-o theater!

*Today I washed Watson's bedding and wiped down his kennel and gave him a new blanket to chew on.  He's a blanket chewer.  He usually falls asleep with his blankie in his mouth.

*I said a prayer for all of my Nebraska friends and family who are dealing with tornadoes tonight.  As much as I love thunderstorms, tornadoes are scary.

*I am addicted to Crystal Light packets that you mix with water.  My favorite is the Peach Iced Tea.  I have a box at work and a box at home.

*Speaking of work, I had my yearly review.  It went very well.  I MIGHT get a promotion, but it's kind of out of my boss's hands.  Because she's new, she didn't do the budget last year for this year (it was done by her boss's boss, who doesn't really know anything about our department).  So it may or may not happen.  Either way, I'll still get a raise.

*We've been watching a lot of hockey around here lately.  My husband even pronounced that he is starting to like hockey more than baseball, or at least just as much.  He is a huge Blackhawks fan.  Football is still his all time favorite, but now I think hockey has replaced baseball as his #2 favorite!  (He doesn't like basketball that much)

*We watched Round 1 of the NFL draft  I got all weepy when I saw the huge football players crying and hugging their families.  We didn't watch past round 1 though, because what a snoozefest!!  

*I've been watching 'Bates Motel' on Netflix.  It is a contemporary prequel to "Psycho".  It is creepy but oh so good.  Both Vera Farmiga and Freddie Highmore are excellent.  And creepy.  And crazy.  And yes, Freddie Highmore is the kid from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (the one with Johnny Depp).  He grew up.  And became creepy Norman Bates as a teenager.  


*I'm happy that it's watermelon season.

*Watson and Hannah are getting along better and playing even.  And just a couple days ago, I saw Hannah standing underneath him.  I almost started crying because she used to stand underneath Max all the time.  This is progress!  So cute.



*I think that's it.  I'm tired and not at all ready for this week.  But we had a good weekend and got a lot done at least!

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...