Sunday, March 15, 2015

Random

*The older I get, the more the Daylight Savings Time change has an effect on me.  My sleep has been messed up all week.  I’ve been waking up around 4:00 in the morning, and I’m usually not able to fall back asleep.  ??? Hopefully this doesn’t last much longer.
*I’ve been watching my Seinfeld DVDs again.  I’m on Season 4.  Sooooo funny.  My husband doesn’t like Seinfeld though, so I watch them in the bedroom with my cat Macy.  She likes Seinfeld.  

*I have set a goal to walk 1,000 miles by the end of the year.  I started Friday.  I’ve discovered that it is pretty much the only form of exercise that I actually enjoy.  I’ve tried running (like….really tried it).  Hated it.  Hated every single second of it.  I do like riding my bike, but I’m scared to with the insane drivers around here (bicyclists get killed frequently around here, I wish I was exaggerating).  So in order to make it, I have to walk an average of 3.4 miles per day.  For a 5’5” person, I should average about 2,321 steps per mile, which equals almost 8,000 steps per day. 
I should strive to get 10,000 steps per day, but I figured I would account for Wednesdays (our meeting night) and also the weather.  I know that I won’t be able to walk outside every day.  So I think 1,000 miles for the year is a good goal for now.  If I make it AND even exceed it, maybe I will set it higher for next year.

*Our 5-year wedding anniversary is coming up.  To celebrate, we were originally thinking of a weekend trip somewhere, but decided against it for a couple of reasons.  First, we didn’t want to leave the dogs with my mother-in-law, who will already be watching them for 2 weeks+ while we are in Europe.  It’s….a lot.  Secondly, it will save us money if we stick closer to home.  So I think we are just going to take a couple of day-trips.  We can leave the dogs at home, yet still get out of town for a few hours.  We are currently discussing a few options and I’ve been consulting our ‘Day Trips from Albuquerque’ book.
*Abby is doing great.  It’s been just a little over one week since her surgery and she is just tearing all over the house acting like a crazy puppy.  Which is good, but also scary ha ha.  She has SO much energy.  She and Watson play all the time.  She literally crawls all over him.  She’s so light I don’t even think he realizes it.

*Today is one of our two 'free' Sundays per month.  I made breakfast, laundry is started and I'm hoping to meal plan a little bit for the week.
That's all of my randomness for now!

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...