Thursday, August 25, 2016

Where Have I Been?

Yikes.  This is probably the longest ‘blog’ break I’ve ever taken.  It wasn’t intentional.  It just sort of happened. 

This year has been….interesting.  Which, in a way, I kind of figured it would be.  Last year was so amazingly phenomenal (travel!) that it was kind of expected that this year would be more of a letdown ha ha.  Not that it’s been a letdown even…it’s just been difficult at times.  We’ve both had some health issues that we are working on, but like all things, it takes time.
 
I have a HUGE list of blog posts to write and post.  My sister visiting in June (that's how far behind I am).  Podcasts.  Bullet Journaling (life changing).  Revamping my bullet journal to make it work best for me (and my newfound love for my 6-hold punch).  Organizing.  My completely ‘Kon-Mari’d’ house (also life changing).  A new business.  Lots of random things.  Service dog training.  Couponing (again).  5-dinners 1-hour (again).  Small house-updates.  House tour (including cabinets, closets, drawers, the whole she-bang).  Organizing tips and tricks (want to know how to organize your fridge?  I can tell you!).  Why I have decided that I HAVE to be super selective about the books I read lately (it’s a health issue…seriously).  I could go on and on.  I have a lot of these posts at least 75% written, it's just a matter of pulling together photos and actually posting them.

But life is INCREDIBLY busy with work, service, meeting parts, public talks, more meeting parts, and did I mention meeting parts?  In a different language? 
 
Also, currently we have a guest staying with us for a week (which is really nice).  We've been keeping it nice and quiet in the evenings so that she can study in peace, which is SO NICE for us as well.  Each day I come home from work (I get home an hour before she does), I go over the floors with my vacuum, clean out the cat box, do our daily load of laundry, light a couple of candles and make sure dinner is in place for the evening.  It's been great getting back into a routine, and I hope to keep the routine up even after she leaves on Saturday.  

I am still here.  I am still plugging away.  I am just busy!  More to come....

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...