Thursday, August 25, 2016

June

My sister came to visit at the end of June!  We had a ball.

 



She arrived on a Wednesday afternoon.  I picked her up at the airport and we went to lunch.  Mexican food, of course.  Then we did a little shopping after she unpacked.

On Thursday we hung out close to home, went to the pool, and just got ready for the big event:  our Regional Convention!
 

It was wonderful.  So many good talks and new videos.  It was a small convention (we have multiple ones here in ABQ, and I believe this was the 3rd one).  Our highest attendance was 2,900.  Which was perfect….none of us are fans of large crowds.

Each day after the assembly we would go home, take care of the dogs, get takeout from somewhere, make lunches for the next day and then watch Doc Martin on Netflix.  So funny!  We somehow established a routine in those 3 convention nights.
 
 

It was so nice having my sister here.  And I pretty much got her all to myself!  We are so much alike and get along so well that it’s so incredibly easy to be around her.

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...