Saturday, November 25, 2017

Black Friday

And the tradition continues!!

We had a fabulous time Thursday night for Black Friday.  We got started a little after 9:00 and were home just before 1:00.  We went to Kohl's, Walmart, and Old Navy.  Get this....we SKIPPED TARGET!!!!  I looked through the add and nothing was really screaming at me so we decided to skip it.

Because we are REALLY watching our budget I only put the things we needed on my list.

At Kohl's, I got my husband some new dress shirts (GREAT DEALS) and some slippers, a blanket for our bed, a set of drinking glasses, and a coat for Iceland.





The coat is a 'Heat Keep' coat and it is is light, but fold-able and folds into the little pouch (attached).

I also bought a cross-body bag for Iceland (it was NOT $69.00...I paid $25 for it).  I wanted something brown, but NOT leather (because it is always very wet in Iceland).  Score!

At Walmart, I bought my usual 1100 thread count sheets, along with a little fireplace space heater (which was my one 'non-essential' purchase).  I am in love with the little fake fireplace.





It's so cute I can't stand it.

My friend bought her daughter a giant teddy bear at Walmart and when we left, we buckled him in the backseat.  Safety first!


Ha ha.  We made our obligatory stop at Del Taco for burritos and Diet Coke, then headed to Old Navy.  I got a hat and scarf and gloves there.  I started an 'Iceland' shelf in my closet:


It was a success!  And I was very proud of myself for sticking to my list.  :)  

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...