Saturday, November 25, 2017

Shower Tabs

This fall has been hard on my health, my sinuses in particular.  A steamy shower helps, but I wanted to add something to the shower to make it more pleasant.  Imagine like a Vicks scented shower. 

So I made my own shower tabs.


Here's what you'll need:

1 cup baking soda
1/3 cup water
Lavender, eucalyptus, peppermint essential oils
Muffin tin liners

Mix the baking soda and water until it's a thick paste.  Add the mixture to the muffin cups.  Bake at 350 for at least 20 minutes (until hardened).




Once they have cooled, add essential oil drops to each 'muffin'.  I added 3 drops of each kind to each muffin, although next time I think I will add a bit more.

Also, I think I may have doubled this recipe....I made 12 muffins.  

Store in an airtight container.


To use, remove the muffin liner and place at least 6 inches from the shower drain.  Take a hot shower and enjoy the soothing vapors!!


20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...